lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LCP Termination Request steps

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LCP Termination Request steps
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 21:22:05 +0200

Hi Simon,

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 09:08:04PM +0200, Simon Goldschmidt wrote:

> That would be great! If 2.4.x really fixes bugs where we found them,
> that overrides the argument of staying with the 2.3.x code base
> because of smaller code size

PPPd 2.4.x is at least used in all major Linux distributions, and
benefits from patchs from them. For example, there are 37 patchs for
PPPd into Debian, and some of them fixes bugs. I guess this is because
PPPd upstream does not answer. The PPPd bugs tracker do not work anymore
too and one bug I sent there went into the middle of nowhere.

> (since 2.4.x brings in some features that are seldom used and are not
> conditionally compiled).

We can add the necessary compile-time conditions, this is pretty easy to
do, I am planning to do so with the previous compile-time options used.

Sylvain