Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] PATCH: support for fftw id3lib libsamplerate

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] PATCH: support for fftw id3lib libsamplerate liblo portaudio aubio
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 23:01:36 +0100

David García Garzón <address@hidden> schrieb:
> The attached patch includes support for:
> - aubio
> - fftw
> - id3lib
> - libsamplerate
> - liblo
> - portaudio

Thanks for your contribution. I'd like to include all of them
into mingw-cross-env.

However, I noticed a minor issue: Within the *.mk files, you're
using a mix of tabs and spaces for indentation. Would you mind
correcting the scripts to use just spaces, consequently?

(Of course, this doesn't apply to the *.patch files. Patches
 should be written in the coding style of the surrounding code
 they modify.)

BTW, I noticed that you did some portability fixes on some package's
configure.in/ac scripts. Did you present these correction to upstream,
i.e. to the respective projects?

I think it is important to try to remove such patches in the long
run, because otherwise we'll have to update them for every new
version of the package. If your patches contain changes which are
inacceptable for upstream, please consider rewriting them as $(SED)
actions which are usually more portable among future versions of the
package.

In other words, modifications should be strictly separated into

    a) compatibility fixes to be accepted by upstream
        (patches)

    b) hacks to be applied to many future versions
        (usually $(SED) actions, sometimes also patches)

Greets,

    Volker

--
Volker Grabsch