Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] PATCH: support for fftw id3lib libsamplerate

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] PATCH: support for fftw id3lib libsamplerate liblo portaudio aubio
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 16:03:38 +0100

David García Garzón <address@hidden> schrieb:
> A Saturday 23 January 2010 23:01:36, Volker Grabsch va escriure:
> > However, I noticed a minor issue: Within the *.mk files, you're
> > using a mix of tabs and spaces for indentation. Would you mind
> > correcting the scripts to use just spaces, consequently?
>
> Yep, sorry. Corrected patch.

Thanks. I add some missing headers to the *.patch files and
included your contribution:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/d9988484c1f9

> The patches are known issues. [...]

Thanks for making these points clear. It was very interesting
to read.

> Id3lib development has been stalled for many years. Patched issues are
> reported[2], and some of them fixed[3][4] recently in the cvs. There is a
> missing patch in the globals.h file which very specific for crosscompiling. I
> would send the patch but i consider it a temporary hack for a wider problem
> in
> the build system regarding static and dynamic libraries i cannot address
> right
> now.

It would be great if you'd find some time to find a "final" solution
to that. Unsually, such issues become worse over time if they aren't
addressed early.

Greets,

    Volker

--