Re: Statistics (was: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Strange Behaviour)

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: Statistics (was: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Strange Behaviour)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 22:09:48 +0100

Le Mon, 25 Nov 2002 21:20:20 +0100, Roland Arendes <address@hidden> a
écrit :

> I think it's the same bullshit like this:
>
> hide_chunks_being_uploaded.patch: patch #668. Hide chunks already being
> downloaded to other uploaders. Better for file propagation.
>
> I don't see any advantage in this behaviour. If all clients get random
> chunks, why hide them? That's quite controversial.

Well, I'd say experimental :)
Hence controversial, admittedly.

BTW, "If all clients get random chunks" is false, so far mldonkey didn't
really get chunks in random order!
So maybe this patch avoids some "bad cases", and introduce "other bad
cases", anyway it has been suggested a while ago by someone in
edonkey2000.com forums, it was fun to program, so I made the patch.

I wouldn't get angry if this particular patch didn't make it into the
official tree (same thing for the "upload file fairness", that is definitely
a hack).

It's strange that we're talking statistics, I just finished a patch that
reports some statistics!
Indeed, there's so much speculation about eMule blocking, it's about time
to get facts...