Re: Statistics (was: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Strange Behaviour)

From: Martin
Subject: Re: Statistics (was: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Strange Behaviour)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 23:32:36 +0100

Sonja Paszeska wrote...
> From: "Roland Arendes" <address@hidden>
> > hide_chunks_being_uploaded.patch: patch #668. Hide chunks already being
> > downloaded to other uploaders. Better for file propagation.

What it i want to see if a file is full available on the network and
mldonkey is hiding some chunks? it will never show up complete...

> Maybe: This way people who want to download a not so well known file (or not
> so well spread chunk) from you get a better chance, because the popular
> parts don't block their slots.

This would introduce a lot of source- and chunk-managing to
mldonkey... always check how well spread a chunk is and maintain a
small database of all chunks for all shared files to see which chunk
to upload first...and if a client downloaded that chunk and wants
another - check the database for the next not so well spread
one...
mldonkey is already very cpu-intense...

> > Germans can be very egoistic. I know what I'm talking of.

Speak for yourself only please!