Statistics (was: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Strange Behaviour)

From: JoLorant
Subject: Statistics (was: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Strange Behaviour)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 18:09:43 +0100

Am Montag, 25. November 2002 17:03 schrieb Sonja Paszeska:

>> download every now and then. If there are only 2 or 3 sources available,
>> it's no wonder if you only get a max of 10 kb/s.
>
> As I wrote before, I'm downloading files with several hundreds of sources.
> Someone else wrote in this list, that most of his sources showed the
> following (when viewed via vd #)

Sorry, forgot to start fetchmail - got all mails now ;-)

> I get the same info on most of my sources. In the mldonkey-world forum I
> read that you can tell by the downloads.ini which client the source uses.
> And, *tadaaa!* all of those laststry <never> nexttry <januar> sources are
> emule clients.
>
> Has there been a new version of emule out short time ago? Could it be that
> there is some problem with the mldonkey-emule-compatibility?

Very interesting. I'm just about to write a mysql db backend for mldonkey
(it's not really interacting with mldonkey, think of it as a network sniffer)
which will allow me to create lots of statistics - and I didn't find any
special problems with emule <-> mldonkey so far.

btw .. a few stats so far:

ca. 70% of ca. 500 eMule clients seem to have upload disabled or don't offer
any files.
more than 50% of ca. 100 mldonkey clients offer more than 50 files.
ca. 30% of a total of ca. 1000 clients can't be connected from mldonkey at all
(depends on various factors, including full upload slots).

All values still underly very high hourly changes, the results still are
interpreted from me (I can't just make "SELECT emule FROM clients WHERE
upload=0" yet ;-) and don't say anything at all about the actual experiences
you may make with your client. Besides, it runs for 4 days now. It's not
representative.

JoLo