Re: [Mldonkey-users] pango-20021128b

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] pango-20021128b
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 20:04:48 +0100

Le Thu, 28 Nov 2002 17:05:47 +0100, Steffen Solyga <address@hidden> a
écrit :

> Citing address@hidden (Thursday, 2002/11/28 16:34)...
> > Does it also works if you only remove the "client_md4=..."
> > in the downloads.ini file ?
>
> This is it! Works fine when having deleted the client_md4 line
> each time before running mldonkey...

Very interesting debugging. Some code handling client_md4 was modified,
because I tried implementing the same kind of "signature" that eMule uses,
"magic" bytes in client_md4.

I had to change the signature (again), because I'm afraid no signature based
on magic file requests can be fully compatible with eMule.

In a couple of HighID clients, any can initiate a connection to the other.
eMule requires that you don't ask for the same file hash more than once per
10 mins. But if mldonkey needs to identify itself at the beginning of each
connection (even incoming ones), and since it doesn't control when incoming
connections happen, it will certainly trigger a ban...