Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: pango-20021128b

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: pango-20021128b
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 02:00:35 +0100

Le Thu, 28 Nov 2002 20:42:41 +0100, Sven Hartge <address@hidden>
a écrit :

> a) stop uploading to 1.x clients.

Well, that's the final step! mldonkey has only a small network share, but
now that I'm convinced that mldonkey 1.x are almost incompatible with eMule,
*this* will really affect them. (That will affect official client users too,
because they will become the next target for the remaining mldonkey 1.x
clients ;) )

> b) stop sharing sources with 1.x clients

Already done. And I stop sharing 1.x client sources addresses too, because
the result would be almost the same :)

> c) stop sharing servers with 1.x clients

AFAIK clients only exchange the addresses of their current main server, do I
miss something ? I don't think it's so important.

> mldonkey 2.x should not be affected by this phase-out action.

I can't distinguish a mldonkey 1.x client from an official 2.x client, they
use the same signature...