[Mldonkey-users] Re: pango-20021128b

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: pango-20021128b
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 12:26:14 +0100

Sven Hartge <address@hidden> wrote:
> Pierre Etchemaite <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Le Thu, 28 Nov 2002 20:42:41 +0100, Sven Hartge <address@hidden>
>> a écrit :

>>> b) stop sharing sources with 1.x clients

>> Already done. And I stop sharing 1.x client sources addresses too, because
>> the result would be almost the same :)

> Why? Downloading _from_ 1.x clients is not too bad, because of they get
> now download but just upload, they will switch faster. This may sound
> greedy, but why not "rip" the bytes out of the 1.x users to "convince"
> them to switch to the friendlier client?

Okay, in correct english, this paragraph should read:

Why? Downloading _from_ 1.x clients is not too bad, because if they get
no files downloaded but just files uploaded, they will switch faster.
This may sound greedy, but why not "rip" the bytes out of the 1.x users
to "convince" them to switch to the friendlier client? After all, they
are file sources, it would be stupid not to use them to download.

Since this leech-me-to-death affects only mldonkey-clients, no one from
the other clients should or could object.

S°

--
142 Reasons, Why You Can't Find Your System Administrator
36. (S)he's out by the turnpike waiting for a case of Jolt to bounce out of