Re: [Mldonkey-users] Sha1 implementation benchmark

From: Fortin Denis
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Sha1 implementation benchmark
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 21:59:52 +0100

Le mer 04/02/2004 à 20:40, kami petersen a écrit :
> Fortin Denis wrote:
>
> >I've added another implementation of sha1 hash. It's
> >written by Brian Gladman and can be found here :
> >http://fp.gladman.plus.com/cryptography_technology/sha/index.htm
> >
> >Before everything else i would like to make sure that the licence is ok
> >for mldonkey.
> >

> it sounds like a bsd-style license, and as such it should be 100%
> compatible with the gpl, even without the extra notice he's included.
> for compatibility see the page on licenses on http://www.gnu.org/
>
> if you choose to add the gpl to it, then copyleft of this particular
> code and changes to it is enforced.
>
> /kami
Repost to list (Sorry kami!).The 'problem' for me is this :
In my understanding the GPL allow me to modify all things in the file
except the gpl itself, including the notice. So under the gpl i should
be to remove the author's notice.
But i'm allowed to use this file under GPL if and only if keep this
notice.

Denis Fortin