Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Build errors with VC8

From: Anthony Williams
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Build errors with VC8
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 22:16:52 +0100 (BST)

--- Richard Levitte <address@hidden> wrote:

> In message <address@hidden> on Sat, 16 Jun 2007
> 18:23:23 +0200 (CEST), Richard Levitte <address@hidden> said:
>
> richard> In message <address@hidden> on Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:49:39
> +0100, Anthony Williams <address@hidden> said:
> richard>
> richard> anthony_w.geo> Attached is the output of mtn diff on my
> richard> anthony_w.geo> workspace.
> richard>
> richard> Good, I'll try it on my systems and go from there.  It's
> richard> promising, since it seems to fix Solaris problems as well...
>
> Well, tried it, and it fails miserably with g++ 4.1.3 on Debian
> [unstable].  Here's the log:

Thinking about it, that doesn't surprise me. Any compilers that compiled the
code as-was will complain about ambiguous overloads on my original patch. It's
bit of a hack, anyway.

The patch below is much cleaner, and doesn't rely on detecting the sort of
container being passed to join_words using template template parameters ---
instead it uses the value_type member typedef. FYI, this is a patch against the
current head, revision 8fd11e5825fd19d966543b3314cefb82c2cdca4e on
net.venge.monotone.

There are still plenty of test failures, but it does build, and should build
under gcc as well.

Anthony

now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/