[Monotone-devel] Re: Build errors with VC8

From: Anthony Williams
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Build errors with VC8
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 08:38:48 +0100

Thomas Keller <address@hidden> writes:

> Anthony Williams schrieb:
>> OK, I ran with the freshly built version and everything fails. Here's the
>> output of the first test (deleting directories), and the mtn version --full
>> output
>
> mtn: beginning commit on branch 'testbranch'
> mtn: fatal: struct Botan::Memory_Exhaustion: Botan: Ran out of memory,
> allocation failed
> mtn: this is almost certainly a bug in monotone.
> mtn: please send this error message, the output of 'mtn version --full',
>

> We could certainly fail more clearer if monotone runs out of memory, but
> again, this seems to be a local problem.

Sort of. It's a local problem in that I'm compiling with VC8, and the
distribution compiler for Windows is mingw as far as I can tell. However, this
machine has plenty of RAM and swap space, and monotone v0.35 passes this test
fine without exhausting memory. I'm investigating the problem.

Anthony
--
Anthony Williams
Just Software Solutions Ltd - http://www.justsoftwaresolutions.co.uk