Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Build errors with VC8

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Build errors with VC8
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 13:36:29 -0700

Garrr.  Why does Botan make up its own exceptions for things that
there are standard exceptions for?  We handle std::bad_alloc
appropriately.

zw

On 6/17/07, Thomas Keller <address@hidden> wrote:
Anthony Williams schrieb:
> OK, I ran with the freshly built version and everything fails. Here's the
> output of the first test (deleting directories), and the mtn version --full
> output

mtn: beginning commit on branch 'testbranch'
mtn: fatal: struct Botan::Memory_Exhaustion: Botan: Ran out of memory,
allocation failed
mtn: this is almost certainly a bug in monotone.
mtn: please send this error message, the output of 'mtn version --full',

We could certainly fail more clearer if monotone runs out of memory, but
again, this seems to be a local problem.

Thomas.

--
ICQ: 85945241 | SIP: 1-747-027-0392 | http://www.thomaskeller.biz