nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] softwrap without breaking words

From: Mark Majeres
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] softwrap without breaking words
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 10:03:54 -0700

On 8/26/14, Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2014, at 05:24, Mark Majeres wrote:
>> There was a request to remove spaces from the next line so everything
>> becomes right aligned, [...]
>
> "left-aligned" is what you mean, I think.

yes, left-aligned is what I meant

> One.  What does the 'non_blank_seen' add?  When does it kick in,
> when does it have a visible effect?  I can't figure it out.

The variable is just a flag to skip over any leading spaces of the
given string argument.
If the routine finds blank spaces or tabs at the head of the string
and this turns out to be the only blank location then it is not the
location I want.  It's noticeable with the Changelog open and then
reducing the window size to a minimal width.

> Second.  At the end of the patch edit_refresh_needed is set under
> certain conditions, but the check for edit_refresh_needed was done
> just before it.  Doesn't the setting come too late?  Shouldn't things
> be rearranged a bit there?

no, the flag is set and edit_refresh() will be called after exiting
the function when it matters

--Mark Majeres