nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] softwrap without breaking words

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] softwrap without breaking words
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 22:08:56 +0200

Hello Mark,

There's another problem with the new softwrap code.

Run:  src/nano +5 -$ -Ysmurfing ChangeLog

Then type: <End> <Delete> <End> <Delete> <Ctrl+Left>  X

For me now the string " fixes S" is coloured as if it were a tab.
(This tab is on the second "line" of the softwrapped line.)

Without your patch, the colouring works correctly.

My /usr/share/nano/smurfing.nanorc file contains:

syntax "smurfing"
# Show tabs:
color ,yellow " +"
# Spaces in front of tabs:
color ,red " +  +"
# Trailing whitespace:
color ,red "[[:blank:]]+$"

(The space here before +" is actually a real tab, of course.)

Benno