nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [RFC] is it time to break free from the Pico defaults

From: David Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [RFC] is it time to break free from the Pico defaults
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 15:17:53 -0600

Benno Schulenberg:
> The pico provided by my distro (Ubuntu) accepts -q.

I've checked, and so does mine.  Ignoring it for compatibility may be an
option, then: it would just require dropping comments about its being an
obsolete option and updating the documentation to mention that it's
ignored for Pico compatibility.

> When running 'pico -d', both <Delete> and <Backspace> delete a
> character rightward.  When running 'nano -d', those keys still work in
> the normal way: <Backspace> deletes leftward, and <Delete> rightward.
> Except when one uses also -K, then nano behaves like Pico.

I'm getting different results depending on the terminal (using -d, not
using -K):

Linux console, xterm, KDE5's konsole, urxvt: Backspace deletes
leftward, Delete deletes rightward
rxvt, xfce4-terminal, LXQt's qterminal: Backspace deletes rightward,
Delete deletes rightward