nufw-users

Re: [Nufw-users] Radius authentication

From: Eric Leblond
Subject: Re: [Nufw-users] Radius authentication
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 16:43:19 +0200

Hello,

On Friday, 2008 June 13 at 15:54:06 +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
> I am new to this list and new to nufw.  We are investigating the
> possibility of replacing Checkpoint FW-1 with NuFw.
>
> We want to authenticate users using radius and we have 25000 potential
> users for this setup.
>
> Our users pay for internet traffic and some of them use a
> pay-as-you-go system.  In such cases the internet sessions should be
> stopped when the credits are all used up.
>
> I have read through the howto to install nufw and set it up for a test
> environment and my first problem is that I do not know how to set it
> up to authenticate against our radius server using libpam-nufw.

libpam-nufw is a transparent NuFW client for Unixes.

To authenticate against radius, you need to configure nuauth to use the
"system" authentication module. Once it is done, you will have to
configure PAM to authenticate against radius:
 * nuauth and PAM configuration:
http://www.nufw.org/docs/howto22/x668.html#AEN670
 * Howto PAM radius: http://www.wikidsystems.com/documentation/howtos/pamradius

> Maybe I must ask the question here:  Am I on the right track trying
> out NuFW or should I look further?

It seems ok but you may give us more details.

BR,
--
Eric Leblond
INL: http://www.inl.fr/