nufw-users

Re: [Nufw-users] Radius authentication

From: Eric Leblond
Subject: Re: [Nufw-users] Radius authentication
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:21:12 +0200

Hello,

On Wednesday, 2008 June 18 at 10:46:09 +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
> Eric,
>
> I am making no progress.  If you can help me to understand a few
> things I will appreciate it:
>
> 1. How many subscribers are on this list?

Active or inactive...

> 2. If I use radius authentication, what role does ldap play when using
>    nufw?

NuFW needs userid and user groups to be able to filter. The issue is
that radius dos not provide this. You thus need an other method to
access these informations. That's why I was suggesting to use LDAP
(which is often a backend for Radius) to fetch userid and user groups.
If you are using a different backend, you may try to configure NSS to
use this backend.

If you don't need to differentiate users and only want to do accounting
and logging stuff, we could think to a fallback method where users will
be in the same default group.

BR,
--
Eric Leblond <address@hidden>