Re: [OctDev] Java/OpenGL-based graphics package for octave

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Java/OpenGL-based graphics package for octave
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 09:54:16 +0200

On 4/24/07, Daniel J Sebald <address@hidden> wrote:
John W. Eaton wrote:
> It's not quite that easy.  If you look at the object that Matlab's
> stem function returns, it only says hggroup for the type.  I don't see
> anywhere that it says "stemseries" or how that is determined.  Maybe
> it is a hidden property?  Maybe it is magic?

I'll guess the latter.  Well, I assume hggroup is just a bunch of handles
grouped together.  The children would be all the individual stems.  I'm
guessing.

In Matlab, a stemseries object has 2 children:
- a line object for all stems: the key here is that the original x/y data are
converted into [x0 x0 NaN x1 x1 NaN...] [B y0 NaN B y1 NaN...] where B is
the base value; line segments containing NaN are not drawn by Matlab
- a line object for the markers

The base line is a (extended) line object that is a child of the axes and
shared by all stemseries objects within the same plot.

Michael.