Re: Mingw32 compiled binaries

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: Mingw32 compiled binaries
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 15:53:37 +0200

> On 6/6/07, Benjamin Lindner <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > I cannot drop it as under my system, FLIBS contains the reference
> > > to libf2c.
> >
> > Aha, well, as I said this is a not-to-be-really-generally-applied
> change.
> > But doesn't the fortran compiler (or the f2c converter) automatically
> add
> > its required libraries? Why do I need to specify them explicitly in the
> > first place?
>
> f2c converts your fortran code into C, which you compile with your regular
> C compiler. However, the generated code uses functions that are found in
> libf2c, which you have to include in your C-compilation command.
>
> > Is there a way to seperate the hardwired paths from the libraries?
>
> sed?
> In my case, I don't hane any hardcoded path in FLIBS, it only contains
> "-lf2c -lkernel32".

In my case it is
-Lc:/Userdata/Programs/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2
-Lc:/Userdata/Programs/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc
-Lc:/Userdata/Programs/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../mingw32/lib
 -Lc:/Userdata/Programs/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../.. -lhdf5 -lz
-lm -lfrtbegin -lg2c -lmingw32 -lmoldname -lmingwex -lmsvcrt -luser32
-lkernel32 -ladvapi32 -lshell32
and the 4 paths are nonsense on any other system than the build system.

If the list of libraries is really essential, then probably a seperation
into FLIB_DIRS and FLIBS would be suitable, and only FLIBS is exported
in mkoctfile...

The principally same question also applies to other compile-time flags
that do not have a meaning on the target machine, e.g. local include
directories or library directories.
These do not need to exist on the target machine, so it will cause
problems specifying them in mkoctfile.

benjamin