Re: FLTK changesets [was: branching for release?]

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: FLTK changesets [was: branching for release?]
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 18:59:14 -0500

On Jan 19, 2011, at 3:58 PM, logari81 wrote:

> 1. Current version of the fltk backend doesn't show minor ticks/grid,
> there is no bug report for this, but there is a patch:
> https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2011-January/022173.html
>
> 2. a)Color of axis labels / b)Positioning of axis labels at right and
> top:
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?31800
> a) there is a patch for the colors, waiting for evaluation
> b) I can provide a patch for the positioning after the patch of (1) is
> accepted/pushed
>
> 3. I would also like to apply this patch:
> https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2011-January/022108.html
> but this also depend on the progress on (1)
>
> 4. Axes Position/Outerpositioning/Tightinset synchronization
> Probably will not do it for 3.4. I have a plan for fixing this but it is
> quite a long of work still (also depends on (1) and (3))
>

> Concerning the replacement of "backend" I don't have any fixed opinion.
> Concerning replacing "fltk" I would vote against "fltk_opengl", I would
> prefer one of "fltk" or "opengl".
>
> Best regards
>
> Kostas

I hope to look at the three changesets below in the next few days.

        1. minorticks-restructure-draw_axes.changeset
        2. bug-31800-color.changeset
        3. axes-ticks-positioning.changeset

My intention is to run Soren's dump_demo script and make sure there are no
obvious reversions.

I'll respond back to this thread with what I find.

If there are no objections, and there are no reversions, I'll ask Kostas to
push.

Ben