Re: Mac OS Binary

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Mac OS Binary
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 08:54:52 -0500

On Mon, 2015-11-09 at 13:49 -0800, Sebastian Schöps wrote:
> I could upload some test builds but before we need to check if all
> dependencies have proper licenses.

Why? Are any of them not free software? If you're concerned with GPL
compatibility (which, for example, gnuplot does not have), don't be.
This appears to me to be what the GPL calls "mere aggregation", which
does not require copyleft to apply to all of the dmg.

> arpack - bsd
> glpk - gnu

Well, this list is off to a shakey start. There are several variations
of the BSD license, and there's several GNU licenses. Also, I expect a
few individual packages are under more than one license.

I think it's almost certainly safe to skip making a careful list of
the licenses that each software package is under, especially if you
were able to get all of them from homebrew.

- Jordi G. H.