Re: Building PyTave on windows - cygwin

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Building PyTave on windows - cygwin
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 18:53:58 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----

> From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
> To: tmacchant Abhinav Tripathi  "mtmiller
> Cc: "Octave-maintainers> Date: 2016/6/20, Mon 18:21
> Subject: Re: Building PyTave on windows - cygwin
>

> Now I am trying to build boost using gcc embedded on octave with assistance
> with
> msys2.
> If I will be able to get successful results, I will report here.
>
> Tatsuro

Finished.

Start octave-4.1.0+ CLI (bin/octave-cli.exe)

From octave prompt
 cd <boost dir>
 start bash

From bash prompt
 gcc -v # confirm gcc-4.9.3 is active
 export PATH=$PATH:/c/msys64/usr/bin #activate msys2 tools
 ./bootstrap.sh # bootstrap

Then b2.exe is built. From bash prompt
  ./b2 install  --prefix=(boost install directory)
This makes only static libraries and those debug ones. If you want generate
shared library, pleas use "link" option of boost.

Tatsuro