Re: macOS 4.4.0 DMG (beta2) ready for testing

From: Sebastian Schöps
Subject: Re: macOS 4.4.0 DMG (beta2) ready for testing
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 00:52:23 -0700 (MST)

sshah wrote
> I am on mac os 10.13.6.
>
> I have the octave version 4.4.0_2 installed using homebrew.   It has
> control, signal, parallel, struct, quaternion packages installed.  They
> get
> loaded in .octaverc
>
> For the App, after uninstalling all packages, I can install struct,
> parallel
> and quaternion.  They run fine.
>
> I set F77 using setenv command.
> [...]
> pkg: error running `make' for the control package.
> error: called from
>     configure_make at line 95 column 9
>     install at line 184 column 7
>     pkg at line 437 column 9

I am running out of ideas... I was hoping that there is a mismatch with the
compilers but I am not sure anymore. Was there any difference with setting
F77 or without? Could you test the bundle without having octave installed
from homebrew? (I am having both as well and it works...) or can you try to
set setenv('cc','/usr/bin/clang') and setenv('cxx','/usr/bin/clang++'), just
to make sure?

Seb.