Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR 1.0.5 released

From: Andreas Kahler
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR 1.0.5 released
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 23:01:39 +0100

Hi!

> Windows folks, if you wanna compile your own binaries and libs, please let
> me know how it goes.  And if anyone knows how I can statically link the
> libmmd.dll that IlmImf.dll needs from the Intel C++ compiler, please email
> me so I can update the Windows prebuilt .zip.

Here's an updated IlmImfDll.dsp. I made the following changes:
* The output now goes to a an extra lib/IlmImfDll folder. There not only
   the release and debug dll are copied to, but also the corresponding lib
files
   which you usually link when using the dll.
* Statically link runtime libraries. Therefore I also had to:
* Put all source files from dependent libs (Imath, Iex, Half) into the
project as
   well. (The other option would have been to have new projects to build the
   dependent libs with statically linking runtime libs).

> [...] And zlib?  zlib makes a .lib file but I couldn't get
> exrdisplay and exrheader to work without having the zlib.dll in my path.
> Dunno why.

You probably build zlib as a dll. The .lib that you have does not really
include the zlib code, but is some code that does the binding to the dll.

Andreas.
--
Andreas Kahler, Project Manager Applications
NXN Software AG, Sonnenstrasse 19, D-80331 Muenchen, Germany