RE: [Openexr-devel] working with "half float" textures in OpenGL

From: Simon Green
Subject: RE: [Openexr-devel] working with "half float" textures in OpenGL
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:56:46 -0800

Note that the NV_half_float extension has now been replaced with a
cross-vendor ARB extension:
http://www.nvidia.com/dev_content/nvopenglspecs/GL_ARB_half_float_pixel.
txt

This should be supported on NVIDIA cards in the next driver release.

http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/registry/NV/half_float.txt
http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/registry/NV/float_buffer.txt
http://www.ati.com/developer/SIGGRAPH03/Percy_OpenGL_Extensions_SIG03.pd