Re: [Openexr-devel] Introduction and CTL/ICC question

From: Kai-Uwe Behrmann
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Introduction and CTL/ICC question
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:35:46 +0100 (CET)

Am 10.03.05, 09:32 -0800 schrieb Florian Kainz:

> Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> > > In addition, CTL programs can be parameterized; a single
> > > CTL program can represent a whole family of transforms.
> > > This is useful for image sequences where the value of a
> > > parameter may vary over time.  Parameterized transforms
> > > may also be useful for programs like image viewers where
> > > the user has control over settings like exposure or the
> > > amount of dynamic range compression.
> >

> > Can this parameterized form be the base for ICC data exchange?
>
> I am not sure what this means.

Following Drew Hess mentioning:
> (except to say that there is a lot of work going on right now to
> figure out how to make ICC profiles work in a "digital cinema" world)
.. I asked if parameterized transforms will be the way within OpenEXR for
exchanging device characteristics.

Parameterized form makes me thinking about stuctures, logical
fillable by ICC profile structures and vice versa, Such as describing
colour primaries, matrices , gamma values, or using parametric curves as
described by section 6.5.14 of the ICC spec ...

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
                                + development for color management
                                + imaging / panoramas