Re: [Openexr-devel] Introduction and CTL/ICC question

From: Greg Ward
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Introduction and CTL/ICC question
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 07:41:57 -0800

Hi Kai-Uwe,

If you are interested in utilizing the code in Photosphere for tone-mapping in Cinepaint, you can download the HEAD release of Radiance from www.radiance-online.org:

        http://www.radiance-online.org/software/snapshots/radiance-HEAD.zip

While parts of this OpenSource C code are still being ported to Windows, the routines you are interested in are fully portable between architectures as far as I know. In the ray/src/common subdirectory, you will find the files:

copyright.h
tmap16bit.c
tmapcolrs.c
tmapluv.c
tmaptiff.c
tmaptiff.h
tmerrmsg.h
tmprivat.h
tonemap.c
tonemap.h

The main routines are explained in tonemap.h and implemented in tonemap.c. Specialization functions in tmaptiff.c, tmap16bit.c, and tmapcolrs.c implement fast conversions for TIFF LogLuv, 16-bit integer, and Radiance RGBE pixel types, respectively. The library is built for speed of loading and tone-mapping high resolution images, and is quite fast.

Copyright restrictions are spelled out in the file "copyright.h", but are quite reasonable.

-Greg

From: Kai-Uwe Behrmann <address@hidden>
Date: March 11, 2005 5:59:06 AM PST

Sorry, I had a misunderstanding of the term tone reproduction as the term
colour reproduction.