pan-users

[Pan-users] Open ("o" key) feature now missing/broken?

From: Chip Rose
Subject: [Pan-users] Open ("o" key) feature now missing/broken?
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 08:53:44 -0500

How come the "o" key doesn't automatically launch jpg's anymore in 0.13.1-5?
I can't find anything in the Pan menu that allows launching of jpg's using
another viewer (I use gqview).  The jpg's save to a directory, and then I
have to launch them separately with gqview, no longer an all-in-one process.
This feature used to work perfectly, now it's apparently broken/missing
completely.  I used to just hit the small "o" key, and they'd launch - now
all they do is save into a directory.

I just upgraded to Pan 0.13.0 (Debian 3.0 testing branch), from a Pan
0.11.2-1 (Debian 3.0 stable branch), so that I'd have support for yEnc
formatted images, which older versions don't support.  The latest edition
we've got in the unstable branch (0.13.1-5) segfaults, so I'm using 0.13.0,
which is supposedly new&improved from what I was running before.  Now yEnc is
supported, but automatic launching is broken!  (????)

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Chip
address@hidden