pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Open ("o" key) feature now missing/broken?

From: Rob
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Open ("o" key) feature now missing/broken?
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 23:22:24 -0500

On Monday 11 November 2002 14:51, Duncan wrote:
> What about coding in a separate option, similar to the current browser and
> editor choices?  In simplest form, it could just be a third, viewer,

Better yet, doesn't GNOME have an equivalent to the KDE "kfmclient exec" or
Windows "start" shell commands?  I've been working on a chat client using Qt
and I just spawn "kfmclient exec" on all links and it brings them up in
whatever applications I have set as default for the mime type of the object
or link (Galeon for web pages, PixiePlus for images, etc.)  I have done the
same in the past for random ad-hoc VB apps for clients using "start".

I've been meaning to hack in something that makes Pan save the attachment to a
temp folder and kfmclient exec it, but have had too many other projects on
the burner.  If there is no GNOME command-line equivalent to this
functionality maybe even using kfmclient exec would be preferable to not
having the functionality at all, which is how things stand now.  (It'd be
better for me, since I have no idea how to set GNOME mime-types in the first
place as I don't run GNOME. ;) )

Rob