pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 13.90 feature hide-n-seek

From: Johan Ovlinger
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 13.90 feature hide-n-seek
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 20:45:12 -0500

  On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 01:21:09AM -0500, Johan Ovlinger wrote:

  > What I tended to use open-attachment for most is to preview
  > multi-part pictures.  It would be nice if all parts of a multi-part
  > article could be optionally downloaded and viewed by selecting
  > multi-part article.

  But Pan 0.13 already handles multipart pictures correctly...?

Blimey! so it does. You don't sit still very long! The old 0.11
renderer would fail on some images that other viewers would claim
well-formed (or at least not complain about). I suspect that this was
a gnome error?

So a click will now get multiple parts.  How does this work with
multi-attachment messages: you download download until you hit
non-viewable attachment and then ask the user? So a picture and a
movie in one post will open the picture and ask about the [multipart]
movie, while a movie and a picture will not get to the picture unless
the user saves the movie? (this sounds sensible to me)

Johan