pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.13.92 - "She said that MY DEAD CAT WASSTUPID.

From: Wolf J. Flywheel
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.13.92 - "She said that MY DEAD CAT WASSTUPID."
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 18:55:04 -0500

On Tuesday 25 March 2003 15:16, Paul Hudson wrote:

> Feature request: For us Xnews veterans, it would be nice to have a mode
> where the group pane appeared on its own, but the article list and
> articles were tiled (vertically or horizontally). I think this is a
> good feature of Xnews - I'm looking at articles and article lists, I
> want to look at both, but I normally don't want to look at groups.

        This almost exists already.  <Z> will toggle from tabbed to paned view,
so if you go to paned view and hit <Ctrl-1> to turn off the groups pane,
articles and headers now appear by themselves.  (Pick a tiling layout
that suits you from Preferences.)  <Z> quickly goes back to the tabbed
mode (and remembers which tab you were on before you left) so you can
quickly switch back from viewing just headers, for example, to viewing
headers + article text.
        These shortcut keys are listed on the View menu.

        This is true, at least, with Pan 0.13.92 on Linux, using default key
bindings.  :)

--
// Carl Hudkins :: ICQ 5723399 :: PGP 50238D9E
//