pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.13.92 - "She said that MY DEAD CAT WAS STUPID

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.13.92 - "She said that MY DEAD CAT WAS STUPID."
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 15:22:37 -0800

> Bug: How do I enter a escape-sequence into a score file? Entering \b  (for
> word boundary) goes into the score file as \\b . I think this is an error.
> Hand editing the score file to \b means the score works as expected.

At a guess, you're talking about escape sequences in the entry fields
in the "add a score" dialog.  You need to select "matches regular expression"
or "does not match regular expression", then the entry fields will keep
your exact string.

All other match types ("starts with", "contains", etc) assume a literal
substring, so they're escaped before being placed in the scorefile, which
by slrn/XNews definition needs regular expression strings.

--
cheers,
Charles