pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Fit image to Window

From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Fit image to Window
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:38:58 -0500

On 10/18 11:57 , Duncan wrote:
> When I run PAN, I run it filling the /whole/ 2048x2944.  I have the panes
> arranged with a large header pane to the left of a small group pane, with
> the entire bottom monitor (save for the status bar) and the bottom bit of
> the top monitor displaying the body pane.  Normally, the bit of the body
> pane in the top monitor is just enough to display the header info, leaving
> the entire bottom monitor (sans the status bar area, ~56 px) for message
> body display.

What do you do with your task-manager window? or do you not use such a
thing?

I personally run pan in tabbed mode; if I'm not looking at a pane, why
should it be occupying space on my desktop? they're easy to switch between.

I also have my task-manager window sitting on the same monitor (of my 3-head
system http://www.redchrome.org/desk.htm); the window slightly offset so
that I can switch between them by nudging the cursor over one or the other.
(I have focus-follows-mouse and window auto-raise set).

Wishlist:
It would be really nice if the task manager could be attached as another tab
in the pan window. It's another context of things to be looking at; and
since switching between them is just a hotkey away, there's no harm in
switching views when you're switching contexts.

--
Carl Soderstrom

Do You Want "Tax and Spend" Kerry or "Borrow and Spend" Bush?
Vote Badnarik for President - The Only Real Choice
for Smaller Government  www.Badnarik.org
Vote Libertarian - Restore the American Dream