pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Fit image to Window

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Fit image to Window
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 15:59:02 -0700

Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom posted <address@hidden>,
excerpted below,  on Tue, 19 Oct 2004 17:26:09 -0500:

> I liveeatsleepbreathe vi, xterm, ssh, and a few other command-line tools.
> Using those is automatic to me; everything else requires some thought.
> Everyone is different.

<g>  I consider myself "comfortable with" the command line, but not to
/that/ extent.  I swear by mc, tho, and find myself using it increasingly
instead of konqueror or kwrite, even when I'm doing so in a konsole
window.  I have text mode scripts (which could be aliases in many cases,
but...) that invoke mcedit with simply "e" and mcview with simply "v",
followed by any other parameters such as file that I've chosen to put on
the command line as well, of course.

I have similar scripts for invoking Gentoo's emerge with different
combinations of its many options, eauw for instance, for "emerge -avuD
world" (-avuD being ask, verbose, update, Deep dep-checking), and for
moving prefetched kernel tarballs into place, validating the signature,
changing the /usr/src/linux symlink, and applying a couple simple local
patches (changing the default vga= line and adding -j4 to the make
switches by default) in the process, with another to actually compile and
install the kernel, automatically invoking lilo, etc.  Just the typical
sysadmin type scripts most develop over time, I'd say.

Benjamin Franklin