pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Fit image to Window

From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Fit image to Window
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:18:05 -0500

On 10/19 02:08 , Duncan wrote:
> Why waste the screen real estate for the
> tabs when hotkeys work and don't require that space?)

true. good point.

to carry that a step further, do you think it would be unreasonable to have
an option to hide pan's menubar? (much like early versions of Netscape on
Unix did). it would free up a little more space, at the cost of some users
accidentally switching it off, and not knowing the keystrokes to switch it
back on again. (it shouldn't be an easily-misset option... put it in a
config dialog, surrounded by warnings).

I don't use pan enough to remember all the keybindings (so I consult the
menus regularly); but for those who do, it might be worthwhile, in order to
gain an extra line or two of data.

--
Carl Soderstrom

Do You Want "Tax and Spend" Kerry or "Borrow and Spend" Bush?
Vote Badnarik for President - The Only Real Choice
for Smaller Government  www.Badnarik.org
Vote Libertarian - Restore the American Dream