pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.98 "The plain old chaos of undifferentiated w

From: Chris Maaskant
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.98 "The plain old chaos of undifferentiated weirdness."
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 15:28:59 +0200

Op za, 20-05-2006 te 22:02 -0500, schreef Charles Kerr:
> Also, I'm interested in hearing how this version performs.

It is good enough to be my default newsreader now :-)

I have only found a few minor issues with this release.

First if read the first message of a thread that first messega shown in
bold text to indicate that it has been read.
But when i collapse the thread it is still shown as read, no more bold
text eventhough i have not read the rest of the thread.
This way i can not see if a new article has been posted in that thread,
i have to check every thread by expanding them.

Second, if i use pan in a maximized window and then close it, the window
doesn't get maximized the next time i start pan.
This happens on a default install of SUSE 10.1 using GNOME.
I'm not sure if this is a SUSE specific issue, i'll test it later on
Ubuntu in vmware.

Anyway, thanks for this release.

Chris Maaskant.