pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.98 "The plain old chaos of undifferentiat

From: Chris Maaskant
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.98 "The plain old chaos of undifferentiated weirdness."
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 19:06:10 +0200

Op zo, 21-05-2006 te 16:11 +0000, schreef Duncan:
> Collapsed threads with new messages underneath should show up
> underlined.

Ah yes it does, shame on me for missing that.
Still i like the old way better, bold for unread messages, normal for
old unread messages, and light grey for read messages.

Maybe it's just a little getting used to, because i've been using pan
for so long, but for now i find the old way very clear.
Underlined threads are hard to notice between a whole bunch of read
threads.

> > Second, if i use pan in a maximized window and then close it, the
> window
> > doesn't get maximized the next time i start pan.
> > This happens on a default install of SUSE 10.1 using GNOME.

> I know KDE apps cooperate with KDE and with each other a bit
> better than non-KDE apps, for instance, and would expect the same of
> GNOME apps on a GNOME desktop.  Still, having the ability to tell kwin
> how to handle specific windows and have it enforce that is quite
> useful.

Yes that is one feature that would like to see in GNOME also.
I realy don't understand how this can only happen to pan in GNOME as it
is a gtk app like so many others that do not have this problem.

Chris Maaskant.