pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] New Feature - Uploading binaries

From: Ron Johnson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] New Feature - Uploading binaries
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 09:31:19 -0500

On 06/25/2011 08:29 AM, Heinrich Mueller wrote:
On 05/31/11 18:20, Ron Johnson wrote:
On 05/31/2011 08:08 AM, Heinrich Mueller wrote:
[snip]
Do you guys have any feature requests for me to get my brainchild
going ?

We always appreciate new features.

Now, if you want to earn my eternal non-marital devotion: store
in-progress header downloads on disk instead on in-memory, so that
those of us using 32-bit distros can subscribe to large binary groups
w/o exhausting process address space and having Pan crash. That would
definitely be worth a remote pizza!

Hi Ron.
I added the mentioned functionality like this:
1. download headers to file in pan home dir

As long a Pan doesn't die on huge groups...

2. extract all lines from this file and create articles.

Is this what you meant? If so, try my latest commit on github if you like.

Just to refresh our memories, and in case there are multiple trees out there, can you tell me the url?

corrupt."