pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] New Feature - Uploading binaries

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] New Feature - Uploading binaries
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 06:54:40 +0000 (UTC)

Duncan posted on Sat, 25 Jun 2011 06:38:29 +0000 as excerpted:

> SciFi posted on Fri, 24 Jun 2011 22:02:11 +0000 as excerpted:

>> Caution —
>> [khaley] branch=testing at GIT 5b244c2 is crashing here, whenever I try
>> fetching new–headers, no matter what server is used (Giganews,
>> Astraweb, and Gmane).

> I just pulled, built, and am about to restart pan.  There has been one
> commit since the one you mention, 275cfc3378de removing the generated
> file pan-pixbufs-internal.h, which it says should not have been included
> in the repo.
>
> We'll see! ...

Pan came back up and seems to be working.  It pulled my header and post
for the message quoted above.  But I tend to run newer versions of stuff
than many do.  If it's only broken with some older lib or other, that'd
explain why neither I nor (presuming their running different and possibly
newer libs than you) khaley nor hmueller seems to have seen the issue.

Or perhaps it was that single 275cfc3378de commit that fixed things...

Whatever.  khaley/testing is working here as of 275cfc3378de.  If you're
still broken with it, it's presumably something on your system.

(Tho I shouldn't say that too loudly as I just completed a general system
update including a couple days' newer pre-3.0 git kernel, and while I
restarted pan, I haven't actually rebooted into the new kernel and loaded
all the new libs, mostly a perl update, yet.  I suppose it's possible pan
will be dead after I do that.  If I didn't put this here, fate would
likely take me down, but here's hoping it's fine since I added this
caveat. =:^)

Meanwhile, perhaps I can finally get rid of my pan-attach script. =:^)