pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] New Feature - Uploading binaries

From: K. Haley
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] New Feature - Uploading binaries
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 16:45:54 -0600

On 06/25/2011 08:31 AM, Ron Johnson wrote:
>> Hi Ron.
>> I added the mentioned functionality like this:
>> 1. download headers to file in pan home dir
>
> As long a Pan doesn't die on huge groups...
>
>> 2. extract all lines from this file and create articles.
I expect it will still die.  In order for pan to add new headers to a
group it must first load in the existing headers.  This is required for
pan to condense multipart articles and also due to the file format.  The
new headers are added in batches as they are downloaded.  The only thing
that might help is to retrieve headers for only one group at a time,
preferably with no group loaded in the header pane.  There's no way
around this until I get the new back-end written.