Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: GIF/PNG issue...

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: GIF/PNG issue...
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:46:22 +0000

River Hume (address@hidden) wrote*:
>but why are we overlooking the SIMPLE option (albeit a little bit of a
>pain in the ass) of creating separate images for the different themes,
>eliminating the need for transparencies entirely?

Becasue this would bloat the install footprint greatly.  Seperate images for
each
template set is fine and hard enough to manage, but multiply that by the
current 18
different theme colors there are and again by each application installed and
you've
got a real mess.  I quick grep shows me I already have 120K of navbar images
and I
only have 10 of the applications installed.

My basic install is already 13Meg not including the database.  I'm all for a
way to
include just a couple templates and an easy way to install others reguardless of
the gif issue.