Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: GIF/PNG issue...

From: Bob Schader
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: GIF/PNG issue...
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 00:38:53 -0500

Bettina,

I think the default gimp config leaves out gif support unless maybe you have
either libgif or libunfig. I tried an experiment with one of the libungif utils
called "gifinter" to attempt to process one of the navbar gif images into
an uncompressed format. I used my timetrack image. The size went from
1445 bytes to 1912 bytes, but when I went to use XnView to get info
on the image, it still says it uses LZW compression and worse, it went
back to Gif87 format instead. My default version of Gimp does not
have Gif support included at all. Does yours support saving Gif's without
compression?

Bob