Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: GIF/PNG issue...

From: aeb
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: GIF/PNG issue...
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 03:41:58 +0100 (CET)

almost all of the navbar images for the default, verdilak and justweb
layout are made by me. i created the pix with 'the gimp', of course,
which is an official gnu package...
http://www.gnu.org/software/software.html#DescriptionsOfGNUSoftware

could someone explain please why it is possible to create gif images with
a gnu app - the gimp - , but than it shouldn't be allowed for another
gnu package - phpgroupware - to use these pix?
this all makes no sense to me... really! :)

http://www.gnu.org/brave-gnu-world/rungnu/rungnu.en.html :
The GNU Project itself focused heavily on writing more and better
software while the publicity has been kind of neglected. But the GNU Project has
always lived off the engagement of many people and a very effective way of
improving the public profile is creating and using graphics on webpages,
t-shirts, mugs and so on. So I would like to ask everyone to pick up the
GNU Image Manipulation Program and create new ideas and GNU artwork.

bettina
have a lot of funk...