[Phpgroupware-developers] [OT?] SQL for hosted sites

From: Tomas Sanchez Romani
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] [OT?] SQL for hosted sites
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 10:40:24 +0100

Hi!

I'm sorry if this is off-topic or just plain stupid, but I felt the need to
give my opinion on one thing.

I understand that most of the users of phpGW are able to create a new DB
exclusivly for phpGW, but some like me are hosted with one DB and one extra
would brake our extremly small budget.

So my proposal is to make a change to all the sql to include a prefix in the
tablenames (the prefix should of course be configurable).

ex.

"insert into applications (app_name, app_title, ....";

would turn to:

"insert into ".$db_prefix."applications (app_name, ...";

this would be really great.

regards, tomas

ps. I'm not on the list, so please cc me.