RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] [OT?] SQL for hosted sites

From: Jason Wilcox
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] [OT?] SQL for hosted sites
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 14:01:22 -0600

To be honest Dan the biggest reason I haven't written a patch to do
it is the fact that such a core change to the API would be something
the leadership team would have to agree on and the amount of wor to
write it without it being accepted would be shall we say unfortunate.

I realize that there is nothing enforcing the convention of
phpgw_<appname>_<tablename> and it is up to the developers to enforce
it themselves. I realize that it would need to be stored in
header.inc.php as well as significant changes in other areas. If I am
the only one or there is a small number of people that would benefit
from this then I agree it's not worth adding, but are there other
scenarios where people can see a benfit to this?

Jason