[Phpgroupware-developers] rant about themes

From: Kai Hendry
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] rant about themes
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:02:04 +0200 (EET)

Just wanted to drop a message how I feel that all these themeing and font
stuff is a waste of time, effort and clogs up the code.

For example:

idsociety? WTF is that about? I need to edit the .gifs(why are you using
.gifs, don't they have a dodgy patent to it), however I do not know the
font I should be using.

On the subject of gifs, do we really really images at all? Can we have an
option of turning those damned things off. I think nice looking "icons"
can be made solely with CSS.

Choosing font in for e.g. the Notes app. What is the point?

Font tags, center tags, all this icky table attribs are HTML3. Shouldn't
the focus now be on HTML4 and CSS? Do not cite Netscape4. Only weirdos use
that damned browser. UPDATE. ;)

Most users of groupware are used some boring look and feel. Changing the
themes colour to red or something just freaks ppl out imo.

Also pages should be validating to W3C standards. It ensures that people
write good html. Having this in a footer for all apps would be a good
start.

I hope I haven't come across as too much of an idiot. I will send patches
to help with the transistion if you agree with me.

Regards
-Kai Hendry