Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpgroupware and coldsync

From: Ralf Becker
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] phpgroupware and coldsync
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 09:45:24 +0200

Brian Johnson schrieb:
I guess my original reply went straight to you, not the group

As our private dialog has progressed, this concept seems very plausible,
especially if a 'wrapper' php file can be made to run from the command line
and include the phpgw functions - is anyone able to do this?

I have php and phpgw running from commandline for my GTK-extension of phpgw. You only need a standalone (or CGI) php-interpreter and you need to create a phpgw-session to do so (Exanple code is in etemplate/phpGtk_test.php).

We'd start
with the memo app first since it includes the least fields (from a sync
standpoint, it is the easiest).  And we'd need access to the categories as
well

Basically, I need a way to access the phpgw functions from perl - I don't
know how to do this but it must be possible.  If we can 'include' the native
phpgw files instead of copying and modifying them, upgrades will be easier

Could someone confirm that this concept will access the phpgw_acl and list
all of the memos (for instance) that is readable by the user

Can I trap a write error if the user is unauthorized to write to a category
so that I can reroute it to another category (so that records aren't lost)?