[Phpgroupware-developers] group/team scheduling

From: Stephan Cremer
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] group/team scheduling
Date: 01 Aug 2002 17:54:48 +0200

Hello list,

after checking out several collaboration applications supporting some
sort of team scheduling features, I decided to take a closer look at
phpgroupware and its calendar module. I first installed version
0.9.14-RC3 which was straightforward so I could start hacking in some
users and appointments right away.

I then played with it a little and added a function that would give me
an additional view similar to and based on the function "planner" in
class "uicalendar", sorted by user instead of category.
During my work I noticed that there are still quite a few bugs in the
software. Here are some of them that I remember regarding the planner

- the ACL mechanism (granting access) does not work correctly, e.g.
  granting access to a group does not have the desired effect.
- events scheduled accross months (e.g.: Aug. 30th - Sep. 2nd)
  are not shown correctly.
- events scheduled over more than a month (e.g.: Aug 1st - Dec 15th)
  are not shown correctly
- events repeating on a daily basis show up as one non-repeating event
  lasting for one day
- colouring of events according to their category does not work
  I added an optional field "cat_color" to the table "phpgw_categories"
  and extended the category definition form with a color text field to
  make it work, but what happens if an event is associated with more
  than one category?

After looking into things a bit, I figured that there must have been a
lot of changes since RC3 and decided to check out the HEAD revision from
CVS. Unfortunately, I did not manage to get past the setup procedure: