Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] PHP-GW as backend to public site?

From: Patrick J. Walsh (mr_e)
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] PHP-GW as backend to public site?
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 22:10:17 -0700

Chris,

At the moment, this will require a small amount of programming on your part. But if you wait (not very long either... I've taken a very short break to get through finals, but will be back in a couple of days) then the SiteMgr app will have hooks support and some more blocks. With this support, SiteMgr will be able to display information from other phpGroupWare applications on the public web site. When this is complete, I will issue a tar.gz file of SiteMgr for people to use.

If you don't want to wait for the hooks support, you can still use "blocks". Install the latest version of SiteMgr from head of CVS into a phpGroupWare 0.9.14 install (make sure you have the updates from the 0.9.14 branch of cvs too). Take a look at the existing blocks -- they're just snippets of PHP code that sets a $content variable. They are based on postnuke and phpnuke blocks and blocks from these programs that don't make db calls should work. You can look at the block-phpGWCalendar.inc.php file to see how a phpGroupWare specific block is done. It's not too hard.

Otherwise, I'll let the list know when the hooks support is going so developers can take advantage of it. I'll also make a SiteMgr page on the website that people can refer to.

..mr_e

--On Tuesday, September 10, 2002 12:55 AM -0400,